Double santee, Quick question

Users who are viewing this thread

Fruitfilledevil

Reaction score
Do they make a

3 x 3 x 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 in. Hub Reducing and DWV Schedule 40 PVC Double Fixture Tee or do I have to use a sanitary tee? I cannot find a fixture tee that is 3"​

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
If this is for back to back sinks just use a double santee. Because the vertical drain is 3" there's a good chance the head of a drain snake will fall down the vertical section of drain and not pass over it. ( Use a drop head auger. ) Their are other solutions but I don't know all the details of what your doing.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A 3x2 double santee and then reducers down to 1.5" on the 2"

flush-bush.jpg

They make these in PVC and in ABS

double-santee-pvc-3-2.jpg

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
an can I use this?
For two bathroom sinks? Yes. But there may be an alternative. Where is the second bathroom sink with respect to your photo?

For a bathroom sink and a laundry standpipe, no, you cannot use that.

Fruitfilledevil

Reaction score
For two bathroom sinks? Yes. But there may be an alternative. Where is the second bathroom sink with respect to your photo?

For a bathroom sink and a laundry standpipe, no, you cannot use that.
If you zoom in, I marked on the drywall where each sink center will be.

Reach4

Reaction score
If you zoom in, I marked on the drywall where each sink center will be.
There is the possibility to use the existing santee for both bathroom sinks. This would involve putting the trap adapter for the right sink to the left of the big pipe, and to have the trap arm from the right sink reaching over to there. Either of those sound easier than trying to insert a double santee. (If you are talking two pedestal sinks vs having a big cabinet, then never mind.)

I think you would have to use a vent between the two sinks. This could be a dry vent or an AAV.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think you would have to use a vent between the two sinks. This could be a dry vent or an AAV.
Not in Michigan, as it uses the IPC, which allows common venting. So if the longer trap arm is still under the length limit, the stack can dry vent both traps, even after the fixture drains combine. This assumes that nothing is draining into the stack from above.

P3107.2 Connection at the Same Level: Where the fixture drains being common vented connect at the same level, the vent connection shall be at the interconnection of the fixture drains or downstream of the interconnection.

Cheers, Wayne

Mr tee

In the Trades
Reaction score
For a double san tee to be used for what you are doing (UPC) the barrel must be two pipe sizes larger than the branches. 1 1/2, 2, 2 1/2 & are defined as pipe sizes. You are good to go.

Fruitfilledevil

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your advice. I will post picture when complete. It'll be about a week or so. I really appreciate each of you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks