Any reason I can't stack two sanitary tees here?

Users who are viewing this thread

ESand323

Reaction score
I have this existing cast iron drain pipe.
20231130_111927.jpg

I'm replacing it with PVC. I don't like that it's a tee fitting because that makes it difficult to snake as it can go from one side to the other.

If I put a double wye here, then I might have a siphoning problem because the trap weir will likely be higher than the vent.

Can I put one sanitary tee right above another? My thought was to put a sanitary tee in (3x3x1.5) for the washing machine. Then right below that, I would put another sanitary tee in for the bathroom sink. I have the ability to raise the drain pipe for the washing machine, so that shouldn't be a problem. Seems like it would be a good middle ground. I wouldn't have to worry about the issue with snaking like I do now and no siphoning issue with a double wye.

Thanks in advance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks