DWV Design - Replacing Double San Tee w/ Inlet between Toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

jburt09

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have a home I purchased this year that has had some opportunity in the work done on it by the previous owner. Florida block home built in the 60s that most of the cast iron drains have been replaced in but still a bit lingering around in places.

The toilets in the hall bath and master bath are back to back and drain into a 4" cast iron double sanitary tee that has a 2" inlet on one side that the master shower and hall tub/shower connected together and drained into. Bottom of the double sanitary tee goes out to septic and top goes out the root to vent.

The master shower stopped draining and I found that the drain line was completely collapsed. I've since cut and capped that section and have been using the hall tub/shower. The hall tub/shower is now draining extremely slowly and looking at cast p trap from underneath it looks like it is ready to go as well. I was looking into swapping with a PVC double sanitary tee with a side inlet (like here), but after reading everything I could find on this forum it appears this is not advisable; however, it seems that a double fixture tee is not advisable either. The double fixture and/or double wye will require some rework / rerouting of the hall tub/shower and the master shower with how to get those in and still vented.

Thanks in advance for the insights and feedback.

Reduced 2023-12-04 - Double Sanitary Tee 1.JPG

Reduced 2023-12-04 - Double Sanitary Tee 2.JPG

Reduced 2023-12-04 - Double Sanitary Tee 3.JPG

Reduced 2023-12-04 - Double Sanitary Tee 5.JPG

Floor Layout.png

Last edited:

jburt09

Reaction score
Adding a picture of the as builts as I saw in another thread it was requested for a similar question.
Floor Layout.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks