Delta, Needing 4 functions how to plumb

Users who are viewing this thread

Rainer

Reaction score
We are breaking ground on my new house this week- I'm in the process of picking up some stuff i.e. open box what not- Here's what I am trying to accomplish- Master bath shower would like to have Main shower head, wand, 4 body sprays and rain head- I believe with my current 6 way diverter I've purchased (Delta Zura collection) I can function all but the rain head- do I need to add another 3 way diverter to the system-

Also, will I have enough pressure- I've got 1" coming from the main water line to the house-

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
For four functions you will need another diverter. Are you using the high flow version of the Delta shower valve?

r11000-r10000-unwshf-03.jpg

Rainer

Reaction score
Well I've got both a R10000unbxhf and a unbx- they were supposed to have sent me a

unwshf.jpg

Delta R10000-UNWSHF

But it looks like they sent me the incorrect item-

do you think i will have enough pressure- I"ve got them doing home runs from a water manifold in the basement-

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
From the Delta site

Thank you for your question, Ed82! The R10000-UNBXHF High Flow rough in valve will depend on the PSI in the home as well as the shower trim that is being used. For example, a Delta 13/14 series installed with a standard R10000 valve can produce 5.8gpm at 60psi whereas the High Flow valve will produce 6.3gpm. The highest rated trim option would be any model starting with T17T. At the maximum 80psi recommendation and used with the High Flow valve, you can expect approximately 9.9gpm.

https://www.deltafaucet.com/bathroom/showering/tub-and-shower-faucets?facetInnovation=FltTempAssure

Best regards, Edward

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks