Delta Kitchen Faucet Spout Question

Users who are viewing this thread

KC27

Reaction score
I have a Delta two handle faucet, #2276, with spray that was purchased and installed in 1997. I recently removed the spout to flush the faucet, and when I did, a plastic insert came out of the base of the spout. It looks like a portion of the plastic insert has broken off and is missing.

I have the original parts diagram that came with the faucet. The only part shown for the spout, is the spout itself, part # RP21462. There is no part number listed for the insert that came out of the base of the spout. I am guessing if I want the plastic insert, I am going to have to purchase a spout. Does anyone know the purpose of the plastic insert? Is it needed for the spray to work?

Thanks in advance for any ideas on this.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If I had to guess, I'd guess it may be the diverter that stops water flow out the spout when you open the sprayer. I'd call Delta.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
This is from the Delta site, however the parts diagram reads faucets made after 2002. If you doen load the .pdf file to your PC and open it, the parts links directly to delta for ordering.

https://media.deltafaucet.com/PartsDiagram/Models_2274_2276_RevD.pdf

upload_2019-1-8_21-17-48.png

KC27

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. The diverter is shown in the diagram that WorthFlorida linked. It is in the center of the faucet body. The piece that is inserted into the base of the spout is not shown in the diagram .My guess is it is considered a non replaceable part of the spout and replacement would require the entire spout. I will call Delta about the spout insert to see what they say.

When I spoke with Delta yesterday, they offered me the choice of a free replacement diverter, or 70% off a replacement faucet. I would get my choice of either option, but not both. The representative said my faucet, being 22 years old, should be considered for replacement. The faucet looks fine, and except for the non-functioning spray, works fine, too. I will check with Delta to see if anyone there can tell me if the spout insert is necessary for the spray. And if they are not sure, I guess I can always just buy a replacement diverter and see if that fixes the spray.

Thanks again

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks