Pull down kitchen faucet question

Users who are viewing this thread

Rich689

Reaction score
I recently replaced a kitchen faucet with a pull down spray hose with a brand new similar faucet/spray hose. I followed the instructions to the letter with no issues. I noticed in the few weeks after installation that there is a somewhat knocking or clunking sound when turning on the faucet when it has not been used for roughly an hour or more. The issue does not replicate itself until the faucet has not been in use for at least that length of time. It does not leak or cause any type of water hammer upon turning it off. The faucet that was previously there did not have this issue.

The water pressure to the house is between 40-50psi. I flushed the new faucet before attaching the sprayhead per the instructions. I have tried 3 different cartridges and none solved the problem. While I could be wrong, I think the problem may be in the spray head as the sound/shaking does not happen when the spray head is not attached. I even tried attaching the sprayhead from the old faucet to see if that made a difference, but no luck there either.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
hose pressure drops when turned off after awhile . when faucet is turnred back on its the rush of water causing a jumping hose (water hammer) not sure the cause maybe flow restrictor modified or removed caused it ?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Jeff maybe correct, possibly, the cartridge is sticking closed and then it pops open after opening the faucet. As Breplum suggest, call the manufacturer and ask for a replacement cartridge.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks