Delta 600, Replaced shower handle - low water pressure after

Users who are viewing this thread

kcbrewron

Reaction score
My wife and I are getting ready to sell our home and to spruce it up a bit, my wife thought it would be a nice touch to replace the gross plastic delta handle with a shiny clean silver handle from moen. The parts just don't fit together without replacing more than I am capable on my own. I convinced we could go locally and just purchase a clean replacement handle.

I'd already shut off the water and taken apart the existing fixture. I removed the chrome dome housing for the delta along with the cartridge and handle. When I placed everything back together, I noticed the pressure was a little lower than normal but didn't think much of it. We both took showers this morning and noticed it wasn't nearly where it used to be. She also noted that when our child took a shower at the same time the hot water disappeared all together. This was different than before I put everything back together.

How can I diagnose what's changed and work to fix it or have I done something really wrong and need to call a plumber?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Delta and Moen don't mix.
Post a picture of what you have, 800 pixels or less. Even Delta has many variations of their valves.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There is NO WAY the "parts will fit together", with or without a "lot of work". If opening another faucet affects the hot water at the shower, the problem is in the entire system, probably a valve only partially open.

kcbrewron

Reaction score
I recognize those parts won't work. I got a new Delta knob instead but now when I turn the water on the pressure is significantly lower than before I started

. 20180409_175936.jpg 20180409_175519.jpg 20180409_175959.jpg

kcbrewron

Reaction score
There is NO WAY the "parts will fit together", with or without a "lot of work". If opening another faucet affects the hot water at the shower, the problem is in the entire system, probably a valve only partially open.

Thanks, I realized that when I started to take things apart.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks