Custom P-trap

Users who are viewing this thread

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Picture shows a regular ptrap and what I want to do.

As shown in the picture. Can I make a ptrap and extend the U part. 90 out of shower strainer 6 inches of pipe, 90 up, then 90 horizontal. Im putting in a Saniflo system and I cant raise the shower platform anymore.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181101-193601_Sketch.jpg
    Screenshot_20181101-193601_Sketch.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 130

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You're just a trouble maker aren't you. What does hj think on this? It seems I tried something like that back in ancient times, but don't know how well it worked either.
So yesterday a customer showed me a crawl space access that was 14.5" by 10" and said I should fit. I grabbed a sawzall and made it much much larger than that.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Why the 6" of pipe between the elbows? a long, long time ago, there was a leak in a multistory pipe chase. I had to squeeze through a 16"x16", access panel and was able to.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
[
Heck, a long long time ago I was able to fit through a bad mitten racket without the strings. I was maybe 10 at the time.

Did you have wrench in your hand? And some racket frames are pretty large

Last edited by a moderator:

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Why the 6" of pipe between the elbows? a long, long time ago, there was a leak in a multistory pipe chase. I had to squeeze through a 16"x16", access panel and was able to.
Shower base was built up 5.5 inches for the saniflo toilet. No ptrap would fit. Not even 1.5 inch one. base couldnt be raise anymore

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks