considering dual flush -- which one

Users who are viewing this thread

Gardner

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I originally planned for Toto Drake, but have recently begun thinking about a dual flush instead. I am not keen on drilling into my shiny new porcelain floor for an Aquia.

My local (not big-box) plumbing shop has an American Standard FloWise Dual Flush at a price that suits me.

The FloWise looks like it has a skirt type thing. Will it install normally on the flange, or will it require extra brackets like the Toto?

Reading the threads about the FloWise, it seems like not such a great toilet. I know that many consider American Standard a sub-standard brand throughout. Are there any specific horrors to look out for on the FloWise dual?

If the FloWise is a no-go, is there another dual flush with a standard flange install that I should consider?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You don't need a dual flush. Get the Drake and live happily ever after. Whatever you do, avoid AS.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The Eco-Drake is also an option...1.28g flushes puts it about the average of the range on the dual-flush.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks