Compact Elongated 1 PC Toilet Options

Users who are viewing this thread

Daren Krayenvenger

Reaction score
After hours of reading reviews for a bathroom upgrade, I'm reaching out for forum advice on several options.

1. Toto MS856124CEMG Ultramax. Like brand, dual flush, lower tank height. Was ready to buy then got concerned about small 5x4 water area and newer dynamax flow...

2. Gerber Avalanche G0021014. < 28 depth to finished wall & good water area. Quality concerns?

3. American standard Compact Cadet 3 model 2403.128 or .813. Like front lever and RHS option for my space. Good water area. Concerned about quality and also reports of splashing when flushing?

4. Kohler Santa Rosa K-3810. Good water area. Depth almost 29 inches.

Appreciate the advice!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The TOTO MS854114EG if you can find them. I just installed three last week for a customer.

ms854114eg-terrylove-02.jpg

You mentioned lower tank height, is that an issue with a banjo top? If not, the Ultramax II MS604114CEFG
28-3/4" to top of tank

ms604-terrylove-07.jpg

The Kohler Santa Rosa is fine too, K-3810

bmdc_12.jpg

28-3/16" to top of tank.

Last edited:

Daren Krayenvenger

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. The renovation is for our main bath, and while the kids are smaller now, they grow like weeds and we were planning to go with a comfort height so that eliminates the MS854114EG. I don't have a banjo top, but we're putting a hotel shelf over the toiler to maximize storage, and lower height tanks allow me to lower the shelf and still retain enough room to store tissues.

The new Toto MS856124CEMG Ultramax checked all the boxes, but with such a small water area and dynamax flush, I'm worried it won't flush or clean the bowl well. I don't want to deal with that every day in a main bathroom used by 2 kids! I can't find many reviews of this toilet online. It seems the Kohler Santa Rosa may be my best option.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks