Cadet 3 Flowise - Smaller trapway than in previous models?

Users who are viewing this thread

dgrinb

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum.
I have noticed pretty strange differences within the same model of Cadet 3 Flowise, Right Height, Elongated, 1.28 toilet (in Canada, Home Depot, model# 3378513ST.020)
I bought the first toilet around 3 years ago and totally happy with it. A month ago I have decided to replace the second toilet with EXACTLY the same model, so I ordered it from HomeDepot again.
After new toilet installation I have noticed that the performance is not quite the same as the previous one.
After thorough investigation :)) I noticed that the trap hole in the previous model is about 4" long and in the new model is about 3".

Is it so?? Could it be that AS changed model design actually to make it worse??

BTW, I was curious, went to Lowes and noticed the same 3" opening on Saver model...

Thank you in advance,
David

dgrinb

Reaction score
Guys, sorry for bumping the post.
Just wondered whether Cadet Pro has 4" long trapway openning and Flowise system as well (1.28gpf)

Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
I think he's talking about the hole at the bottom of the bowl which opens into the trapway (actually constricts into the trapway, which is probably about 2.125" wide).

dgrinb

Reaction score
Yes, that's right, I'm talking about the opening itself. On the model which was produced 2 years ago, the opening was more elongated. So I wondered how they applied it to Cadet Pro?
And another question, is Cadet Pro is new Cadet 3?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks