Best toilet that fits under vanity extension. Banjo countertop

Users who are viewing this thread

Drew72

Reaction score
Hi. We moved last summer and have clogging issues with an existing Mansfield toilet (probably original to the house, which was built in 1999). We want to replace the toilet. The toilet sits under a benchtop extension of the vanity. The underside of the vanity extension is 29" above the floor and extends 6.75" from the back wall (over the back of the toilet tank).

I have seen other forum posts about fitting a toilet under a vanity extension, but none with these particular constraints. Most of the toilets recommended here are too tall to fit. Could others recommend the best toilet that would fit in this space? I'm just not sure how much clearance is needed (from top of tank to the vanity). For example, would the Toto Eco UltraMax fit with sufficient clearance to work inside the tank when needed (27.2" high with lid)?

Thanks for any advice.

Drew

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The goal should be to have enough room to service the guts of the toilet without having to remove it, so having it just fit is one thing, being able to service it with say a new flapper valve or fill valve is another. Terry's suggestion sounds like it would work, but it will be tight.

chalet_46.jpg

Some people have modified that overhang so that it is on hinges, or removable after cutting it from the rest.

chalet_92.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Drew72

Reaction score
The goal should be to have enough room to service the guts of the toilet without having to remove it, so having it just fit is one thing, being able to service it with say a new flapper valve or fill valve is another. Terry's suggestion sounds like it would work, but it will be tight.

Some people have modified that overhang so that it is on hinges, or removable after cutting it from the rest.

Agreed. I knew there would be some extra space without the lid but wasn't sure if that was enough room to be serviceable. That's a good idea about possibly modifying the overhang, although I'd rather avoid that if possible.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Let's say your daughter's new boyfriend comes over. He knocks on the door. You answer the door. You open the door and there stands Bela Lugosi.
That's how I feel about some turdnuckle running a countertop over the top of the toilet tank.

Drew72

Reaction score
Let's say your daughter's new boyfriend comes over. He knocks on the door. You answer the door. You open the door and there stands Bela Lugosi.
That's how I feel about some turdnuckle running a countertop over the top of the toilet tank.

ROFL. I couldn't agree more.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A shelf behind the toilet risks things falling into the toilet! A much better choice would be to either have a niche or shelf somewhere else in the bathroom. It also makes choice,installation, and maintenance of the toilet lots easier too!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks