Bathroom sink - Ceramic or Vitreous China for undermount

Users who are viewing this thread

Larry S

Occasional DIY'er
Reaction score
I've noticed some sinks, or similar models, are available in either ceramic or vitreous china - even from the same manufacturer. Which should I pick and why?

Also: Some basic brands or house brands (Glacier bay) look about the same as the more well known brands and as much as 1/3 the price for a basic white over undermount sink. For a sink like that is there a reason to buy a brand like Kohler or is it just more expensive due to the name?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
I have four Kohler under mount bathroom sinks with overflow. I would not buy anything else. Good quality and finish. Glacier bay may not have an overflow. Most jurisdictions require overflow for bathroom sinks.

There are two bathroom sink drains, with overflow and without. Get the right one that you choose.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks