Basement vent needed, but long way from stack

Users who are viewing this thread

kcglide

Reaction score
I am wanting to add a sink for a bar in my basement. The sink will be 8' from a waste stack, but there is not a vent stack nearby. I already have a bathroom in the basement, but I will be 25 linear feet from the vent stack for the bathroom. Understanding that I need a rise in any long horizontal run, I cannot get over to the stack and achive the necessary rise unless I run a pipe halfway around the perimeter of the basement.

Are there any alternatives?

Thanks!

MG

Reaction score
Are the walls finished? If so I'd check w/a local inspector to see if you can run the vent up the wall and out the side of the house above the basement.

kcglide

Reaction score
Thanks MG.

The walls are framed most of the way around the basement (except for a storage area), but no sheetrock yet.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Say running around the walls, 40', would end up with 10" difference in height...you should have enough room to connect to the bathroom vent line. one of the pros can tell you the size of the vent line. You should be able to notch the studs, put a protection plate over it so it doesn't get a nail or screw through it. Wait for one of the pros on whether this is okay.

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
Tonykarns,like most ,He never said where He lives.
If allowed, You'll need an access door. graingers has them

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks