Baseboard Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Jcheech

Reaction score
I am looking to replace a length of basebord on my heating system. I have a gas fired boiler and hydronic base-boards throughout my house.

My question is what is the proper way to drain the plumbing system and also the proper way to refill the system after I connect the new base-board?

Thank you.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Turn off the boiler, let it cool (assuming it is hot). Turn off the auto-refill valve (if you have one). Open the drain valve. Note, unless you can open up a bleed valve somewhere upstairs, the water may not flow out. You'll get a little from the expansion tank.

It gets messier when turning it back on. It depends on whether you have bleed valves anywhere.

See what the pros have to say.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Yes, there is a proper way to both drain and re-fill the system. Without being there however it would be impossible to explain how to do it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks