Replacing hot water coil

Users who are viewing this thread

Oldie69

Reaction score
I have a Kerr Comet oil fired hot water boiler. My hot water flow began to dimish in flow/quantity. It was determined that my domestic hot water coil inside the top of the boiler was plugged. I purchase the coil from the manufacturer and wish to potentially replace it myself and also install flush valves (something that should have geen done when entire boiler was installed but...). My issue is how to I go about draining boiler then refilling. I see there's a drain valve near the bottom below the coil and stack. My questions are ;
1) do I shut off all heating circuit valves and any other related taps/valves after shutting boiler down to drain an potential I probably only have to drain enough to get below the coil.
Next when refilling what do I do to refill and would there get any burping of the system necessary.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks