Base cabinet sizing

Users who are viewing this thread

Jennifer Saks

Reaction score
We had a big water damage issue, so are now replacing our base cabinets. Our contractor figured we wanted a bigger under sink cabinet (didn't ask ) and we went shopping with him at Home Depot. We agreed on a cabinet but I didn't realize the size was different. They don't entirely match the other cabinets, but the style is close enough that I'd be okay with it, except with the size of the undersink cabinet (36") the sink (new and beautiful, but 25" to fit the countertop cutout) will not be symmetrical. The sink is perfectly centered on a beautiful kitchen window, and I believe the cabinet should also be centered. That would mean it has to be 27" in order to allow for the silverware drawer and cabinet to the right to fit. Hope this is making sense.
Am I being too picky? I think the cabinet would look wrong if it's not centered on the window and sink. We could have a 27" under sink cabinet if I can find it, but I'm having an awful time finding one (white with raised panels.) Found a grey one a Lowes, but that won't work. :( Any suggestions?

Attachments

• kitchen cabinets.jpg
    kitchen cabinets.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

Jennifer Saks

Reaction score
Absolutely! :)
Still hoping I can find a 27" cabinet. Or 28" or whatever...that would help the situation a lot.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks