Are there any Standard Height Toilets for a 15" rough in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Magalee

Reaction score
I have an older home with a 15" rough in. I've been looking at the forum trying to find a toilet that will work, and all the answers seem to say, go with a Toto, use the unifit adapter. However, all the Toto toilets seem to be Universal/comfort height, and while most guys may prefer that, as a petite female, I don't . "Comfort height" isn't comfortable for me. I want to have a toilet that is standard height and round bowl as well if possible. Any recommendations? The only toilet I've found that is 14" rough in, standard height, and round bowl is a Mansfield or a Kohler and I've read on this forum they are not good toilets.

Thank you for any assistance.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
This is standard height round 14.

https://resources.kohler.com/plumbing/sterling/pdf/402078_spec.pdf

Its bottom is the same as a 12 inch toilet but the tank is expanded to fill the space to the wall for a better appearance.

You could consider getting the wall built out a bit, perhaps incorporating some shelves etc. Cheaper would be to use a 12 inch rough toilet, and perhaps a "space saver" could conceal the gap.

Last edited:

Magalee

Reaction score
Thank you Reach4. Altering the wall isn't really an option, we've already finished the walls and tiled the floor.

Really wanted a Toto but I hate the ADA height.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Any standard 12" rough toilet will work there, but will be out from the wall a ways. Choices are a standard 12" rough bowl and a thick tank, or the taller bowls that allow shifting with the adapter.

Magalee

Reaction score
Thank you for responding Terry. I think we'll go with the 12" rough in standard height and bowl Toto Drake and get a storage unit for around the toilet to hide the gap, as suggested by Reach4.

Slomoola

Reaction score
I too despise these new ADA lift kit toilets. It goes against the Japanese 35 degree rule, body torso to thigh angle. Not good for dumping.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
As you get older and your knees start to give you problems, a taller toilet starts to look better! If you're lucky, that will never happen, but for many people, it is an issue.

Slomoola

Reaction score
That is what hand rails are for. Not taller toilets. Or chair lifts with that over head hoist deal winch thing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks