American Standard shower handle removal

Users who are viewing this thread

vintzner

Reaction score
don't see a set screw anywhere, but could it be possible the shower actually needs to be turn on to see it?
This could be 1980 vintage, up and down for volume, left and right for hot/cold. won't turn off without a lot of luck. thx
IMG_0551.JPG

vintzner

Reaction score
It usually has a set screw below the handle. If not, the the chrome disc comes off with a screw underneath it.
for the life of me I cannot see any set screw so I'm going to knock off that chrome disc and see what I find. THANKS !!!

sdw

Reaction score
don't see a set screw anywhere, but could it be possible the shower actually needs to be turn on to see it?
This could be 1980 vintage, up and down for volume, left and right for hot/cold. won't turn off without a lot of luck. thxView attachment 34964

I have this exact problem, how did you end up getting the handle off? Thanks

carmey1997

Reaction score
Hello all, I too have the exact faucet. I have googled and found it is American Standard "Aquiran" series and the handle is model #77033-02. If you look at the back of the handle (below) it is just pushed on. There are no screws so you have to gently pry off. I am going to attempt to remove to update the cover. It will be a big improvement after that.

Attachments

• AMS handle 77033-02.jpg
    AMS handle 77033-02.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 855
  • AMS faucet.jpg
    AMS faucet.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,067
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks