Alternative to pressure assisted kohler highline?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lobes

Reaction score
Could use a recommendation as I need to replace a toilet in master bathroom that has been having regular clogs, a few required the inevitable phone call to unclog. I have been told that the piping takes a sharp turn after the main initial pipe from the toilet (not a great design) therefore, I should get a pressure assisted toilet. This was an emergency plumber called to clear the latest clog. The plumbing supply store recommended Kohler Highline or American Standard Cadet. They also said American Standard Vormax would work as a non pressure assist option. I inquired about Toto options and didn’t get any recommendations, perhaps not a preferred supplier. However, after a few quick searches, I was leaning towards the Kohler - sound didn’t bother us and had good reviews until I found these forums... Now, it seems like I should really push back and go Toto, but I am confused on all the models. Which is the best/most powerful flush to push past a turn? GMax? Leaning towards a bidet seat also? Seeing this as an investment, so willing to get the right one. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
SOme of the differences are in exterior style, and some styles tend to cost more (like a one-piece will cost more than a two-piece one), but performance is often very very close. Those with the II designation seem to have the latest flush mechanism. That has a rimless system that routes the water around the bowl rather than just down it, to cover more area and clean it better.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks