Advice on round, standard height, 1.28gpf toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

Matt3489

Reaction score
Looking for best option toilet that is 1.28gpf, round, and standard height. Not a whole lot of options meet all three if the criteria so makes it a bit easier. Unless I’m missing an obvious choice, choices seem to be:
Gerber Avalanche GWS21802
Toto Eco Ultramax MS853113E#01
American Standard Cadet Pro 215DA.104.020

Don’t see anything decent from Kohler that fits the bill.

I know folks likely might say Toto, but since the model with these specs doesn’t come with CeFiONtect it seems, maybe it’s not an obvious choice.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Not much out there in standard height but it's about budget, flush performance, & style. Flush performance is pretty good across all brands. With 1.28 gal per flush the manufactures has to make them work. Most of the performance comes from the bowl design. Most big box store toilets have the same (Fluidmaster) flush valve and in my book that is the most important part. When you need to replace of repair the flush valve, you want something very easy to get parts for and Fluidmaster is everywhere. I have two Toto's. one is 1.6, the other 1.28 and both work well and the flush is fast and fairly quite. The other is a Briggs. It's a bit noisy and a slower flush but works just as good as the Toto's at the end.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks