Adapting Sloan Flushometer Outlet to Kohler Residential Urinal

Users who are viewing this thread

Doug Harris

Reaction score
I'm trying to connect the outlet of a Sloan CX 198 0.125 GPM flushometer to the water inlet on a Kohler 5244-ER-0 Urinal.
The urinal comes with a braided supply line and is meant to thread to a 1/2" Male Adaptor.
However, the outlet on the Sloan valve is a 1.5" tube and elbow that is reduced down to a fine-thread, non-standard male nipple that normally would connect directly to a Sloan wall-mounted closet or urinal.
Any ideas how I can convert either this tube or the nipple to any standard water supply pipe (PVC, Pex, Copper, etc.) so I can mount a 1/2" male adaptor and use the Kohler supply line?
Called Sloan tech support, they don't have any adaptors or suggestions.

Sloan.JPG

Doug Harris

Reaction score
Post some pictures. Flyin blind here.
Sorry, here you go.
I'd be happy to eliminate the accordion tube / elbow completely and connect directly to the vacuum breaker at the bottom of the valve, or connect at any point along the tube.

IMG_0266.JPG
IMG_0267.JPG
IMG_0268.JPG
IMG_0269.JPG

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I would never try to mix 'n' match products not designed to go together. Stick within product line specs, period.
Sorry to be a grouch but really you are pushing it. Sloan is a solid company and if they don't offer an adapter, it obviously isn't meant to be.
If there is a spud on the Kohler china, you may be able to adapt that, but products are designed to match up FOR A REASON.

Doug Harris

Reaction score
Try to unthread this.
That part does unthread. It's a fine thread 3/4" OD, but I can remove the nut and 1/2" copper will fit inside. Here's a street 90 inside it. This leaves a lot of unnecessary connections between the valve and the urinal but I could sweat this together. Sound like a solution?

IMG_0285.JPG

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks