AAV location? Basement Bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

cnose

Reaction score
4gq93xx

https://ibb.co/4gq93xx

Do I need an AAV in this setup? If so, is the location I have shown in my imagine correct?

3" ABS, 1 1/2" ABS for bathtub

Thank you

Last edited:

cnose

Reaction score
You need some sort of vent, where is the sink going, you may be able to wet vent it. I would run a 2 inch pipe as close as possible to the tub
Thanks, sink wasnt in the image, its on opposite of room tied into its own vent system to the roof and tied in the pipe further down the waste line . This setup cannot reach over to the sink vent.

So using a aav where i had invisioned is pointless?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
2" to the tub. The vent for the AAV needs to come off vertical from the waster line at the wall. That would look like running the line to the wall, angle a combo at a 45 into the wall and continue on to the tub, which after the vent can be 1.5"

The AAV needs a vented box at 42" or higher so that it gets air and can be replaced. It can't be hidden in a wall.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Others may correct me but I'm sure the wye for the AAV needs to be angled up at least 22.5 degrees to get to the wall using a street elbow. As Terry stated the tub needs to be a 2" drain, I would change everything to 2" including the AAV pipe. AAV's are made for 2" pipe anyway and pipe is cheap.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks