$880 for Redjacket 1HP 7GPM pump?

Users who are viewing this thread

etechjc

Reaction score
A friend of mine is have a new pump put in his well and the pump guy wants$880 for Redjacket 1HP 7GPM pump? How is that for average price of a pump?

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Call 888-898-0649 and ask for a price on a Goulds 7GS10.

A 2-wire pump will probably cost less than a 3-wire with a control box.

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
List price means nothing without the discount. It is not uncommon for such equipment to be discounted more than 50% from list.

Compare the list price of a Square D 200 Amp panel with what you can buy one for at HD.

A 20 GPM 1 HP Red Jacket submersible is $359 including shipping at that number provided in my earlier post. A 7 GPM unit will cost more because it has more stages, but probably not more than $450.

Last edited:

etechjc

Reaction score
I should have mentioned that it was a 2 wire pump. Thats the thing Though I Couldn't find a 1hp 7GP redjacket 2 wire pump for sale anywhere I looked, The closest I could find where the 35GPM. I wish I had my friend catch the model number before it went down the 400ft hole.
But I must admit, Now that its installed The thing pumps better than my pumps it seems. Infact I may use his to help supplement filling my pool. :)
The only thing that I wanted reassurance of was that my friend, Who is a SUPER Nice guy wasn't being taken.

His total price including the $880 for the pump was $1,460. This included adding 40ft of pipe and 10/2 wire, New Pressure guage for his pressure tank, the pump of course, The pulling and putting back in the ground of said new pump, and of course reconnecting to pressure tank, New well cap, chlorinating the well.
All in all these people sounded like they did a good job, Although I never actually got to meet them, I know my friend was happy.

Last edited:

Speedbump

Reaction score
List price means nothing without the discount. It is not uncommon for such equipment to be discounted more than 50% from list.
List price means a lot when a contractor is installing the item. That is what most of us charge if we put the pump in plus wire and labor. The price your friend got was right in line in my opinion. If he had wanted to buy that pump (different brand) from me over the internet or over my counter I would have discounted it to $520.80 and paid the freight. My pump is a 5 gpm as opposed to a 7 gpm, no great difference. It also has a Franklin motor, the Red Jacket does not.

BobNH, since it's Saturday and I'm sure nobody will answer the phone, who is this that is selling Red Jackets to the genaral public for practically wholesalers net pricing?

bob...

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

Rshackleford

Reaction score
Website
www.agriindustries.com
i would like to know if anyone sells guolds pumps for a 50% discount off of list. this would be a greater discount than my company gets from our wholesaler. either we are getting ripped off or someone else is getting a much better deal. i should also note that our volume is our wholesalers largest in the state. we also deal with two wholesalers in two states and neither of them give us a better than 0.50 discount.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Different distributors use different discounts. Although they usually use different list prices as well. My local Goulds distributor doesn't give 50% off either. However, their list price is lower and makes my cost the same as other brands with higher list and better discounts. It is your actual cost that counts. Goulds keeps their distributors fairly spread out so they don't get to competing with each other. Comparing your cost of other brands will help keep your Goulds guys more honest. Some brands use to be better than others. Now I don't think there is a nickel worth of difference between any of the major brand name pumps. Goulds also makes Red Jacket and I bet they use the same impellers and other parts.

Speedbump

Reaction score
I buy direct from the manufacturer not a wholesaler. Cary is right, there isn't a nickles bit of difference. Goulds and Red Jacket are both owned by ITT. If you have a Nascar sponsored exclusively by Goulds, plan on paying more for the pump. It's called advertising. If your a strong Goulds guy, you have been bombarded by advertising and the GPDH. They are a good pump, but so are the rest.

Get rid of the space in the link for e bay.

Bob, the reason those prices are so low is the pumps construction. The discharge and suction (motor bracket) are plastic. My pumps are Stainless Steel suction and discharge. Big difference in price. And that guy is giving them away at that price even being plastic.

bob...

Raucina

Reaction score
I have bought from that link several times, good prices and product. They sell the 1 to 1.5 HP CSCR [BIG size] control box for 3 wire motors for 77$, I think, thats the box that gives you room to work in and does not have that problematic tab disconnect cover feature. Thats about 1/2 of local cost.

Speedbump

Reaction score
You don't get the big box until 1.5hp. The smaller ones are all the same with the cover that contains all the components. You can buy the standard box from me along with a capacitor to make it CSCR for 60.17. There is room in the box for the run cap if you know how to hook it up.

bob...

Raucina

Reaction score
Its news to me to, but this box clearly states 1/ 1.5 Hp franklin motors. Maybe it is a new box altogether. Great flexibility and lots of room to work in for the bucks.

Speedbump

Reaction score
They might make that one for both pumps since the only difference in the boxes between 1 an 1.5hp is the run cap anyway. I've never seen one, but that would explain it. I still like my price better.
bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks