2nd sink backs up when garbage disposal is run.

Users who are viewing this thread

TurboMan

Reaction score
Have an issue when the garbage disposal is turned on the other sink shoots water out of the drain. Referenced this thread https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/garbage-disposal-plumbing-done-wrong.59911/ and followed the solution. May not look like it but the pipe from the dipodal to the tee is sloped toward the tee. I had to add 2 45 deg pieces because the cabinet installer ran the drain where it is. Does it need a baffle sanitary tee? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20211106_132504.jpg
    20211106_132504.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 150

Reach4

Reaction score
I think your tee should have a baffle. Take a look and see if it has one to direct the disposal flow downward.

TurboMan

Reaction score
I think your tee should have a baffle. Take a look and see if it has one to direct the disposal flow downward.
Reach4. you are correct. Baffle is in there and it was pointed up. Never knew these tees had baffles. Has to use a few more connectors but now the baffle is pointed in the correct position and no water backing up. Thank you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks