1992 american standard wall mount (glenwall ?)

Users who are viewing this thread

nick tinari

Reaction score
Folks, I am a homeowner with what I think is an early Glenwall model wall mount elongated bowl. toilet. I want to reuse, but my plumber needs mounting specs as the new wall will be thinner than the removed wet bed tile wall. I did not think to measure the wall thickness when I removed the toilet. The only markings on the back of the toilet appear to be date codes, this : 1602-92 and a design patent number PAT201347. I've spent hours looking for info on this and all I have found so far is a youtube video of one like it in operation by an old toilet affecionado. I've read here that the replacement options are not great, so I really want to put this one back in.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Nick in Philly.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I normally replace those with the Gerber Maxwell wall hung. I like them better than the old Glenwall.
If you need specs for installing, it would be the same as for the newer pressure assist Glenwall. Same for the Maxwell as far as that goes.

chalet-532.jpg

Maxwell Wall Hung

nick tinari

Reaction score
Folks, I am a homeowner with what I think is an early Glenwall model wall mount elongated bowl. toilet. I want to reuse, but my plumber needs mounting specs as the new wall will be thinner than the removed wet bed tile wall. I did not think to measure the wall thickness when I removed the toilet. The only markings on the back of the toilet appear to be date codes, this : 1602-92 and a design patent number PAT201347. I've spent hours looking for info on this and all I have found so far is a youtube video of one like it in operation by an old toilet affecionado. I've read here that the replacement options are not great, so I really want to put this one back in.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Nick in Philly.
Whoa, Terry, thanks a bunch for the fast reply. I'll probably just get a new Gerber as you recommend. I did not want to go near the new Glenwall based on a lot I saw here. I just want to be sure though, you are saying the mounting diagram for a pressure assist Glenwall could be used to mount my old one if I went that way ?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
All of the four bolt installs for wall hung are similar. Typically I can pull an old bowl and install either the new Glenwall or the new Maxwell.

Last edited:

Dave Taflin

Reaction score
I'm about to re-mount a Glenwall wall-hung toilet (that I bought from you a million years ago :), and would like to replace the gasket at the toilet outflow. What kind & size gasket does that take?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks