Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
1910 Auto flush toilet.
It's a frost free toilet. You sit on the seat to get it to fill the tank (has a bladder) then soon as you get up it flushes like its a jet engine. The valve is 3' in the ground.
Does anyone know more about these?

toilet-1910-autoflush.jpg

toilet-1910-autoflush-02.jpg

toilet-1910-autoflush-03.jpg

Last edited:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
OK.. too weird. I think I have photos of some of those Kohler versions in a 1920s condo on Capital Hill in Seattle.. I assumed they had been converted to regular Sloan flushometers

Water Closet 1.jpg

DIYorBust

Reaction score
Terry, who is installing these antique toilets in modern bathrooms, and why? I could see it in a historical building or a period renovation, but it looks out of place in these photos...

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I think it's like a religion. Like people that restore old cars. I have a friend that does that, they look beautiful. There is a part of me that would like something restored like that, but then I remember how crummy the brakes were, they didn't corner well, loud and noisy, not at all as nice as what we drive now.
Kind of like looking at fine old art. Not for everyday though. I prefer my modern toilets with the bidet seats, elongated bowls. I won't go back to round bowls. No way!

pillbox-jason.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks