11 inch rough in - help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Jane

Reaction score
I've read way too many toilet reviews and forums concerning my 11 inch rough in! I need help , please!

I'd like to install a Toto toilet. Will a 12 inch Drake Round bowl fit an 11 inch rough in? I've read it will. I've read it won't. Have the specs changed over the past 10 years - because according to the current spec sheet, there is only 3/4 of an inch between the finished wall and tank (older forum answers suggest there's an inch). If it's really an inch.. I think I'm good to go, right?

I've also read that sometimes you can adjust the bowl on the flange up to 3/8 of an inch. I suspect that is what has been done with my current toilet - a Gerber 1.6 UltraFlush with the flushmaster system. (Based on it's dimensions, I think it's a 12 inch rough in). That would be a plus for sure.

I realize I could use the 10 inch Drake, but it has an elongated bowl and my bathroom is small. It will be close to the door at 28 inches..plus I'm concerned with how big of gap will be between the tank and the wall - 2 inches could look pretty weird.

Should I buy both toilets in case the 12 inch doesn't fit? I only have one bathroom, and will have to hire a plumber to do the install - so I don't have the luxury of trying one and then ordering the other if it doesn't fit. I suppose I could have him 're-install' the old toilet .. but it's on it's last leg.

Has anyone installed a Drake Round bowl 12 inch rough in (manufactured in the last year or two) on an 11 inch rough in?

Thank you for any help. This has been so frustrating!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Sometime after 2014 I see that the spec sheet changed from 1-1/8" to 3/4"
And yes, you can fudge it 3/8" further out from the wall. I hadn't even noticed in all the CST743E's I've been setting.

Jane

Reaction score
Sometime after 2014 I see that the spec sheet changed from 1-1/8" to 3/4"
And yes, you can fudge it 3/8" further out from the wall. I hadn't even noticed in all the CST743E's I've been setting.

Jane

Reaction score
Thanks! So if my math is correct, 3/4+ 3/8 = 9/8ths. A smidge over an inch. The 12 inch would just fit, right?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks