Search results

1. Brad Perkins

Pumping Sand

My 8 month old well was drilled 160 ft and my pump is set maybe 5 ft off the bottom. It's cased all the way thru mostly limestone shale. I have a flow inducer sleeve as well on a 10 gpm 1/2 hp pump. This well only makes around 1 gpm so initially I developed it by hooking up a Cycle Sensor to...
  2. Brad Perkins

Goulds Check Valve Issue

I am running 2 of the Goulds 10GS05412C pumps. 1 in the well and 1 in my 250 gallon storage tank. Couple days ago my wife said she heard a loud hum from the basement. The water pressure was fine so I didn't get too concerned. When I got home though I noticed the water in my tank was extremely...
  3. Brad Perkins

Waterline Controls vs Float Switches

I have a low yielding well that I pump into a 250 gallon poly tank. I then use a sub on the tank to feed the house. To control the well, I'm using a controller from a company in Texas called Waterline Controls as opposed to the more conventional float system. I like that there are no moving...
  4. Brad Perkins

How to wire float switch?

240 volt pump so I have 2 hot wires. If I want to wire in float switches. 1 down switch to protect my cistern pump and 2 up switches to power my well pump, how do I do this? For the up switch do I simply splice a float in each leg of the 240 volt circuit? Pics would be great if anybody has some...
  5. Brad Perkins

Well water test results

Should I be alarmed? What treatments do I need and will a RO make it drinkable? Thanks
  6. Brad Perkins

New well bad tasting water

Drilled a 180ft well that makes 1 gal/min. I've been using a cycle sensor to pump it dry over and over to develop it. Clarity is great but the taste is off. It's almost bitter but what is strange is I only taste it for the first minute or so and then it's not noticed. I almost think it's salty...
  7. Brad Perkins

Water smells

I finally got my well pump in place after letting my well sit for a couple of months. It's 180 ft and the pump is sitting at around 170 ft. It makes around 1 gpm so I hooked a cycle sensor up to it to protect the pump. At first the water came out very dirty and swampy smelling. I left power to...
  8. Brad Perkins

Confused about pipe sizing

Trying to hook up my well to a holding tank in my basement. My plan is to run 100 ft of 1 inch poly to the house. Then on the inside I thought about using 1 inch PEX for everything to tie into my manifold. I can't help but notice how much smaller 1 inch PEX is than 1 inch poly. And since I...
  9. Brad Perkins

Pipe and wire options for submersible pumps

I understand many people seem to prefer 160 psi poly pipe and taping the wire without any safety rope or torque arrestor. Problem is I don't like the tape idea and would rather use zip ties. I see that is not a popular option though I don't fully understand why. So what about using small...
  10. Brad Perkins

1gpm well for irrigation

I am building a house and had a well drilled but unfortunately ended up with nearly a dry hole... 1 gpm. They went to 180 ft hoping to hit a better vein when I told the guys to stop. So I have around 200 gallons of storage as it sits. They told me I should have enough water for the house but I'm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks