Search results

1. Gregg G

Kitchen faucet with thick countertop

So, I have counter-tops that are almost 2" thick, including the sink lip. I installed a Delta Lewiston single handle faucet (about 2-1/2 years ago when we were building) that worked fine for a while. The "single stalk" is about 3-1/2" long and provided adequate installation support. The faucet...
  2. Gregg G

Water hammer

2nd bath is on west side of house, right next to entry point for water line from our well. Tub/shower combo, toilet and sink. Never hear any "hammer" like noises. Kitchen is in middle of house on south side - don't hear any hammer noises. Laundry room is in middle of house on north side...
  3. Gregg G

Toto Entrada fill valve issues

After doing a lot of research and reading a lot about Terry's opinions/testing/experience, I installed 2 Toto Entrada toilets in our new home about 2-1/2 years ago. I think they are fabulous. Very efficient, and very good performance. Someone does a "double-flush" only about 1 in 50 (so...
  4. Gregg G

Single basin kitchen sink trap

Hi, Guys - Is this an acceptable installation? I have a single basin granite/composite kitchen sink that is almost ready to hook up. Just need to finish a little bit of tile. When I did the drain rough-in I wasn't sure about what sink we would end up with. Anyway, we are on septic so...
  5. Gregg G

Whirlpool tub drain shoe

Hi, guys - I'm continuing to make slow progress on the new home project. Just finished the water supply lines to the 2nd bath (first one to install) and no leaks! The Toto toilet install (temporary install, but wife said had to get it in) went smoothly. No leaks and the subfloor was...
  6. Gregg G

Laundry/Toilet Routing

New construction, laundry has a washer and small utility tub. Shares a wall with the master bath. I'm planning to tie in the 2" laundry drain right below the 3" san tee with 2" low heel inlet. Does the configuration here look okay? This is very similar to how I did the 2nd bath - with a 3x2...
  7. Gregg G

ABS 45 Elbows

Hi, Just need some clarification on 45 deg elbow nomenclature. I have learned about 90 degree ABS DWV elbows coming in "short" (or vent), "medium" (sometimes used for a trap arm turning from a cabinet into a wall), and "long" (for horizontal drain connections). I need to use a couple of 3" 45...
  8. Gregg G

Double lavatory drain offset

New construction, concrete walls with foam insulation. Almost have the DWV rough-in complete, working to finish MB lavatories and shower. Tried to do floorplan so that there were no water lines or drains in the outside walls. In the master bath the two lavatories are against an outside wall...
  9. Gregg G

1-1/2" vs 2" Kitchen trap and C/O

New construction. Had to finish building one of the kitchen walls before I could complete the kitchen sink/DW rough in. Since we had a slight change to the layout, the sink trap arm can be much shorter than I originally planned and gives me a little bit more flexibility. I don't think it will...
  10. Gregg G

Vent connections

New construction. Question regarding proper way to tie different vent line sizes together. On one end of the house is a full bath - tub/shower, toilet, single lavatory. The 2" vent from this bath is routed horizontally about 40' (straight line with 1/4" / foot grade) and is supported every...
  11. Gregg G

Lavatory trap layout

New construction, lavatory trap. So I have just a couple of details to complete the tub/shower - toilet - lavatory DWV install. This will sound like a really dumb question to you experienced plumbers, but I tend to wring my hands on the small details. I have a 1-1/2 drain line from the...
  12. Gregg G

Drain grade

New construction, working on 2nd bath. I guess I found out the sequence of gluing a bunch of ABS parts with lots of angles and slopes is kind of important. I tried to measure distances, angles and slopes, but ended up being off a little bit on the first foot of pipe from the C/O. The 40 ft...
  13. Gregg G

Kitchen sinks

New construction, double kitchen sink, no disposal because on septic. In another thread, I learned that double vanity sinks need to each have a trap, and that the drain needs to be 2" after they come together. Also, I learned that it's okay to use a 2" trap for kitchen sinks (1 size up). I'm...
  14. Gregg G

MB Vanity Sinks/Shower

New construction, the Master Bath has a "shower only" and double vanity. Is it acceptable to install double vanity sinks with only (1) P-trap like a kitchen sink? The sinks are against an outside wall (all concrete with foam insulation), so I'd like to tie the two sinks together, then have the...
  15. Gregg G

2nd Bath Vent/Drain Layout

So I have the tub installed and positioned toilet flange. Now to connect everything together taking into account wall studs, drain grade, etc. The configuration I have tried to illustrate below seems to be the easiest/most efficient. Does this look acceptable? I am using a 1-1/2" P-trap...
  16. Gregg G

Whirlpool tub/shower trap

Finished setting the 2nd bath whirlpool tub/shower yesterday in the new house. Followed Terry's advice re:several "piles" of mortar. On the first try some of the piles were too low. Pulled it out and added mortar to all the piles without a "dent" and the second time it seemed to work like a...
  17. Gregg G

Kitchen Sink Trap

We are building a new house. The layout for the kitchen has the sink and dishwasher 36" and 72" from a side wall. There is no wall in front of the counter with the sink and dishwasher. After looking at other posts, it seems the "island sink vent" setup is discouraged. It sounds like a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks