Single basin kitchen sink trap

Users who are viewing this thread

Gregg G

Reaction score
Hi, Guys -

Is this an acceptable installation? I have a single basin granite/composite kitchen sink that is almost ready to hook up.
Just need to finish a little bit of tile. When I did the drain rough-in I wasn't sure about what sink we would end up with.
Anyway, we are on septic so I'm not using a disposal, and in the end we decided on this single basin sink with the strainer
on the "right side of the basin". Of course, I put the wall rough-in on the "left side of the sink opening". As I recall, the
P-trap should be right under the strainer in this case to minimize odors, etc. Then I'll have to put on about a 20" straight pipe after the P-trap and then a 90 elbow into the wall. Does this look okay? I'll make sure to have at least 1/4"/ft slope from the trap to the wall.

Kind regards,
Gregg G.

upload_2019-1-7_17-44-20.png

Gregg G

Reaction score
Ah, sure. I have a cleanout just underneath the wall in the crawlspace, but a clog would most likely occur at the p-trap or just downstream
before the wall turn. So might as well use the space for a wye and cleanout. It's about 16" from the wall penetration to the vent because
the sink is sitting on a counter with a pony wall behind it and a raised bar/counter. The wall to the left of the sink is full height, and that is
where the vent is located.

Thanks for your reply plumber69!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks