2nd Bath Vent/Drain Layout

Users who are viewing this thread

Gregg G

Reaction score
So I have the tub installed and positioned toilet flange. Now to connect everything together
taking into account wall studs, drain grade, etc. The configuration I have tried to illustrate below
seems to be the easiest/most efficient. Does this look acceptable?

I am using a 1-1/2" P-trap for the tub/shower, then running that into a 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 x 2 san tee
at the wall. The toilet is to the right of the tub and I have the toilet flange line going in a line
perpendicular to the wall. At the wall the toilet line runs into a long 90 with a 2" low
heel pointing up for the vent. Then a 1-1/2 x 2 x 2 san tee sits at about 20" off the floor
to "wet vent" the lavatory sink sitting just to the right of the toilet. At about 42" above the
floor, the 1-1/2 vent from the tub/shower will tie in with an "upside down" san tee on the
toilet vent. Then that 2" vent will tie into a 3" roof vent.

Below the 90/low heel for the toilet will be a long 90 tee wye. I want to connect another wye on the
left side of the 90 tee wye and put a C/O adapter cap on the end. This will be my "end of run"
cleanout as the 2nd bath is the furthest from the house drain exit. Then the 45 on the C/O wye
will connect the drain from the tub/shower.

Does this look like an acceptable configuration? I think I have everything sized properly and
only use san tees for vertical connections. Seems like using the wet vent for the lav will keep
the toilet line well washed, and the tub line enters sufficiently downstream of the toilet to
prevent backups, no?

Thanks for your advice!

plb1.jpg
plb2.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks