Search results

1. Spfrancis

Gas Fireplace with random starting

So I have a "superior" gas fireplace that is probably 20 years old. I'm going to bring out a fireplace guy, but wanted to get an idea of what could be going on. Here is what is going on. First, we never use this thing. I have now been trying to get this ready for a home sale. I turn on the...
  2. Spfrancis

Rusting on panel

I'm seeing a little bit of rusting on some of the switches on my panel, and it has me concerned. I wanted to see if folks with more background can give me an idea of what could be going on. I could replace the switches, but is it masking some other problem. This is a new house to us..so I...
  3. Spfrancis

Mobile home inspection

I am looking at purchasing a mobile home on a lot that is pretty nice, and I want the lot. I need the mobile home to be okay for 5-7 years. It was built in 1988, so pretty dated. The one item that the inspector pointed out was some patch work, or something that was done to support the base of...
  4. Spfrancis

DIY choices for custom closet organizer

Hi, Was searching on this site a little, and found some stuff on this site that was 7 years old discussion. I thought it was worth asking this question again, as some of the links from the old thread were no longer active. I'm reallying looking to do a designed closet organization solution...
  5. Spfrancis

Unjump an HVAC fan

So I had a problem in the middle of July 4th weekend, and I had to call the HVAC guy to get my HVAC running with a house full of folks. He said that he had to replace a transformer, and that my control board was not sending the signal for the fan to come on. He replaced the transformer, and...
  6. Spfrancis

Question on putting up hardiplank

Hi there, so I was trying to understand the potential pitfalls with properly doing hardiplank. I have lost my ability to go look at the house, with the "stay at home" order , and I would have to cross state lines to go view the place. So my contractor is still pushing forward with the siding...
  7. Spfrancis

HVAC sizing

So I have discussed my 2 systems here on various threads for our house in Delaware. I have a 70,000 BTU Ducane propane based furnace, and a 2.5 ton AC system. The old house was one level and the basement, and it was poorly insulated. When I blew in some insulation in the attic, the AC seemed...
  8. Spfrancis

Lennox furnace making strange sound

I thought I would post this to see if this has been properly diagnoised. I was getting this sound from my furnace, which is a lennox G61MPV-60C-091-10: It is almost 10 years old now. It is making this ratting/grinding noise when the furnace turns on. It is a higher pitched type sound. I had...
  9. Spfrancis

Mini-split of 2nd zone

We are in the midst of doing a large home renovation, that will increase our house foot print. This is in the North-East part of US, so the winters are cold. it is near the coast, but we plan on living there in 3-5 years, so it needs to be able to handle the heat, as well as the AC. They will...
  10. Spfrancis

Hiding door swing in remodel

Looking for ideas on something besides a pocket door that the contractor put in the plan. This stairwell goes up to a master suite on the second floor. We thought about not having a door at all, but felt that for the 1-2 times a year that we have a big group visiting, and staying up late..we...
  11. Spfrancis

Kohler K-10129-4, Bathtub filler not switching from wand

I"m using a tub which has been there for a while, but it has not been used for over a year or 2. My fear is that the original plumber may not have put the filler together correctly. I'm trying to figure out what may be doing on . I took a picture of the actual filler. On the right side there...
  12. Spfrancis

Do I need an attic fan

We have a summer place that is near the beach. It is rambler with a basement. If I had to guess, I would say that it is probably less than 1800 sqft with the basement. We have had it for about 2.5 years now. I have noticed last summer that during the very hot days, the AC can't keep up. The...
  13. Spfrancis

Ducane furnace can't keep up

So I have had this house for about 18 months. This is a Ducane CMPEO75u3. I had some similar problems last winter, but I thought I addressed it. I did find some stones in the exaust PVC, and I was able to clear those out. The main problem I'm seeing tat when the outside temps get down below...
  14. Spfrancis

Post size for fencing

Hello there, I was hoping to get some input from the experts about a fence I'm going to do DIY on. I need to put a fence on my house to keep my neighbors renters from walking up the driveway. These are weekly renters during the summer, so they don't seem to be very respectful of my property...
  15. Spfrancis

repair a fabricated fiberglass shower

I'm looking to see if I can use one of these pan overlay replacement kits that will seal over this crack that I have in my pan. I'm looking to hold off of on having to completely replace the shower enclosure if possible. I wanted to see if anyone has had experience doing repair on a cracked...
  16. Spfrancis

Egress window versus larger window

I have just purchased a house that hash a finished basement, that does not have an egress for the basement. I was looking at putting in a egress window, and I wanted to ask the folks on this forum about possible alternatives. A Bilco egress will be a big hole in the wall, and a deep hole in the...
  17. Spfrancis

Mini-Split help

So I"m trying to put in a mini-split into a back cottage that is pretty straightforward. I am trying to avoid just turning it over to a contractor, as the price seems to go up very quickly. Here is some of the specifics. I have pulled a 220 wire from the panel over to the location that will...
  18. Spfrancis

Old house plumbing help

Hi there, I'm trying to understand some fundamental plumbing principles. We just bough this older house a few months ago, and I've noticed a issue this weekend. The drain pipe that comes from the kitchen sink is coming down into the basement, and it seems to be overflowing on this secondary...
  19. Spfrancis

Hansgrohe 04233 shower control valve problem

Hey guys, I'm trying to see if I can trouble shoot this bathroom shower control. My contractor may be lost in terms of how to fix this thing. We were here last time, and we took a shower with this control and found that it was not getting really hot. The level also had limited movement, as I...
  20. Spfrancis

Large format shower tile

I am trying to find out a couple of things regarding curbless and large format tiles. I have had some folks tell me that you want small format tile (2x2, 4x4) since there is a slipping concern. Here is a link of what I want to be able to do...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks