Hansgrohe 04233 shower control valve problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Spfrancis

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm trying to see if I can trouble shoot this bathroom shower control. My contractor may be lost in terms of how to fix this thing. We were here last time, and we took a shower with this control and found that it was not getting really hot. The level also had limited movement, as I would think it would move 180degrees, but only moved about 90 degrees. We explained to him about this, and we came back this week, and he has made it worse. I'm worried that he is lost about how this unit works. It now doesn't turn at all, we can't even shower now. I took a picture of the unit, and I thought someone here with experience on this may be able to provide some input. As you can tell in the picture I opened it up, to see what is going on. Any thoughts on what would stop the control from turning, or the water from getting hot?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 287

Spfrancis

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm trying to see if I can trouble shoot this bathroom shower control. My contractor may be lost in terms of how to fix this thing. We were here last time, and we took a shower with this control and found that it was not getting really hot. The level also had limited movement, as I would think it would move 180degrees, but only moved about 90 degrees. We explained to him about this, and we came back this week, and he has made it worse. I'm worried that he is lost about how this unit works. It now doesn't turn at all, we can't even shower now. I took a picture of the unit, and I thought someone here with experience on this may be able to provide some input. As you can tell in the picture I opened it up, to see what is going on. Any thoughts on what would stop the control from turning, or the water from getting hot?

Spfrancis

Reaction score
looks like the issue was with the setup of the valve. The stopper was not in right and that was what was causing the handle to not turn. It ended up not being a big deal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks