Search results

1. jtech1

Kitchen sink disposer drain advice?

Looking for advice on finishing this drain connection. Converted single sink to double and added disposal. Trap is too far from current drain line, which has half the trap fitting glued to it. Any way to do this without cutting the pvc drain line? If cutting is only way, what is best solution...
  2. jtech1

Combustion test port in PVC class 4 vent?

Seems like there should be a better way to do this... For my Phoenix Light, most techs want to just drill a hole in my exhaust PVC at unit for combustion test port and plug it when done. Local inspector goes by manufacturer specs, which state NO unglued joints in PVC exhaust. Do I insist that...
  3. jtech1

HTP Phoenix Light operation

I just finished installation of an 80 gal Phoenix Light. I am pretty impressed with the unit, but I have some questions that don't appear to be covered at all in the manual, and I am hoping some of you can help shed some light on them for me. 1) No info in manual about what the "Warning icon"...
  4. jtech1

Fernco on direct vent from condensing water heater

I am finishing the installation of my Phoenix power vent condensing water heater. I have a question about the vent connections to the unit. I see a lot of pictures online (and on these forums) where people have used fernco connectors to connect the intake and exhaust to the unit cpvc stubs. I...
  5. jtech1

Polaris water heater problem & replacement

I have a Polaris PBG102-50T100-2N that I put in service about 12 years ago. It has been having an issue for quite a while... from inside it sounds like just a whoosh at ignition (not even obvious that it is an issue from inside sound). But, from outside (which I did not know until I happened...
  6. jtech1

Pressure regulator for geothermal feed

I have a 1" supply to a geothermal unit with internal modulating valve to control the flow. It is fed from well that varies from 40-60 psi. The internal modulating valve makes a good deal of noise. I have been told that the unit only needs 20 psi. I am considering putting a Honeywell...
  7. jtech1

Milwaukee expander tool

I just bought one from online company. First shipment was missing tool, one battery and 1/2" head in the case. They think someone took the tool for display model at store and put box back in inventory by accident. So they sent me another one. Everything was in the box. The tool had a...
  8. jtech1

Black pipe assembly tips?

I have read all the threads on tightening black pipe over the years (I am not a pro) and have no problem assembling leak free water and gas threaded pipe/fittings. But, I do run into issues now and then, that I have to believe there are ways to avoid that I don't know about... hoping someone...
  9. jtech1

Replace galvanized drain

I have an old galvanized sink drain that runs about 10 feet and threads into the side of the main cast iron waste line (which goes straight down from toilet and 90 out of house). The galvanized drain drains very slowly and a snake does not help. I want to replace everything from the sink...
  10. jtech1

Identify fitting manufacturer?

I am hoping someone can help me identify the manufacturer logo on this union. I need to find this exact part so it mates properly... and all others I have tried have different size threaded sides. Thanks!
  11. jtech1

What's next for leaking toilet

Kohler Memoirs toilet has been losing water in the tank. After it fills to proper line, water level drops about an inch over a few minutes, then it runs, then happens all over again. I thought for sure it was the flapper, so I replaced with a Korky. No change. If I keep my hand in tank and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks