Adding mosquito repellant into sprinkler system help plz

Users who are viewing this thread

Tduke

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a Lawn Genie system which runs on Rain Dial timer (see attached). I have lots of mosquitos (I believe due to the sprinklers system) and I'd like to add some Pest Repellant into the irrigation system so that it is applied to the lawn every time the sprinklers water the garden/grass.. How may I go about applying the liquid into the sprinkler system?

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• IMG_3614.JPG
    IMG_3614.JPG
    147 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_3612.JPG
    IMG_3612.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 424
Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I hope you have a good back flow preventer on that system.
I wouldn't want my neighbors injecting something like that into my water supply.

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
NO NO NO, pesticides can never be sprayed by any irrigation system. The web site referenced is for all natural products. Garlic will not kill mosquitoes. You're asking for trouble should someone get in contact with the chemical or inhale it. If you read the labels on any herbicides or pesticides, it will state not to be used with irrigation systems. They can be sprayed with the proper spraying equipment and calibrations. If you ever take a certification class for a limited pesticide/herbicide licence, as I have, it is taught on how to read labels and calibrate equipment.

Mosquitoes breed in standing water (storm drain is one place). If your irrigation system is causing puddling then you're watering too often or too long. Cut back on the watering or turn it off completely. If you should run the irrigation system to just keep the grass from getting too dry, I doubt your irrigation it is the cause for your mosquitoes problem.

Last edited:

Magna111

Reaction score
I hope you have a good back flow preventer on that system.
I wouldn't want my neighbors injecting something like that into my water supply.

Around here, those valves were commonly used in lieu of backflow preventers.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
"I'd like to add some Pest Repellant into the irrigation system so that it is applied to the lawn every time the sprinklers water the garden/grass."

Don't do that.

To eliminate mosquitoes,
1. get rid of any little swamp of water, which are the breeding pools for them.
2. use a hand held pump sprayer with the right mix of pesticide.
3. For lawns, use repellents you spread on top of the lawn. Follow the instructions on the label.
4. or call a pest control company.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks