Eurob

master tile and stone installer
Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
5) Ultralite

Glass samples -- after 60 hours Ultralite.jpg
Glass samples -- after 72 hours Ultralite.jpg

The surface and around the perimeter of the glass mortar is cured about 90-95% .

No Signs of cure under the glass . Hard to say if humidity is still present or not , but there is no sign present which indicates it . There is minor change in the curing process in between the 60h to 72 h mark -- not easily visible -- .

Eurob

Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
6) Nanolight

Glass samples -- after 60 hours Nanolight.jpg
Glass samples -- after 72 hours Nanolight.jpg

The surface and around the perimeter of the glass mortar is cured about 90-95% .

No Signs of cure under the glass . Hard to say if humidity is still present or not , but there is no sign present which indicates it . There is minor change in the curing process in between the 60h to 72 h mark -- not easily visible -- .

Eurob

Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
7) X5

Glass samples -- after 60 hours X5.jpg
Glass samples -- after 72 hours X5.jpg

The surface and around the perimeter of the glass mortar is cured about 95 - 100% .

Signs of cure of about 40 - 50% under the glass in a linear --from edges to center -- pattern . There is minor change of 10-15% in the curing process in between the 60h to 72 h mark .

Eurob

Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
8) X77

Glass samples -- after 60 hours X77.jpg
Glass samples -- after 60 hours X77.jpg

The surface and around the perimeter of the glass mortar is cured about 95-100% .

Signs of cure of about 40 - 50% under the glass in a linear --from edges to center -- pattern . There is minor change of 5 - 10 % in the curing process in between the 60h to 72 h mark .

Eurob

Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
It definitely is , RSCB .

I have to update a change in adding another temperature and humidity gauge -- have been doubting the humidity levels from the beginning -- and the temp is 19C & humidity 57% , which is pretty decent .

Reading gauges update 002.jpg

Eurob

Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
I will update the findings later on , but if the 255M is an interest for you RSCB , here is how it looked like after 72h vs .84h.

Glass samples -- after 72 hours 255M.jpg
Glass samples -- after 84 hours 255M.jpg

It looks like the humidity ( water ? ) present in the mortar shrinks at about 3/8 or 1/2'' per 12h cycle , towards the center of the glass sample .

Eurob

Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
The temperature and the humidity barely fluctuate from the beginning , here how it looks at the 96h mark .

Reading gauges 96 h mark.jpg

I will continue with photos comparison from a 72h and 96h mark . The mortars remain the same as before , of course .

Since the mortar from the perimeter of the glass is already cured , I will not mention it . I will only address the cure progress of the mortar under the surface of the glass .

Last edited:

Eurob

Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
1) GraniRapid 72h to 96h ( 4 days ) mark.

Glass samples -- after 72 hours GR.jpg
Glass samples -- after 96 hours GR.jpg

Signs of cure of about 10% more under the surface of the glass , in 24h period -- 72h to 96 h mark . Unsure of the status of the mortar --cure point of view -- , normally it should be cured . I will monitor the progress and any color change would be reflected in % for a period of 24h .

Last edited:

Eurob

Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
2) Kerabond&Keralastic 72h to 96h ( 4 days ) mark.

Glass samples -- after 72 hours K&K.jpg
Glass samples -- after 96 hours K&K.jpg

Signs of cure of about 10-15% more under the surface of the glass , in 24h period -- 72h to 96 h mark . Still curing .

Eurob

Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
3) 254P 72h to 96h ( 4 days ) mark .

Glass samples -- after 72 hours 254P.jpg
Glass samples -- after 96 hours 254P.jpg

Signs of cure of about 20% more under the surface of the glass , in 24h period -- 72h to 96 h mark . Still curing .

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
interesting.......the grani , i wonder if its curing vertically somehow!! all of a sudden its gone at hour 97!!!

call me cwayzee but stranger things happen!

in regards to 255 Roberto, i think steam, pressure, and secret ingredients are to blame.

Eurob

Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
4) 255M 72h to 96h ( 4 days ) mark .

Glass samples -- after 72 hours 255M.jpg
Glass samples -- after 96 hours 255M.jpg

Signs of cure of about 1/2'' shrinkage of the humid area in the first 12h , then almost not visible shrinkage progress the next 12h , under the surface of the glass , in 24h period -- 72h to 96 h mark . Still curing with a circular humid well defined and visible area .

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
once you reach full cure , you could drill out a core sample and see a profile view!!( the backside to the glass )

of course the heat and or water from cooling the bit would "taint" the deal!

Eurob

Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
interesting.......the grani , i wonder if its curing vertically somehow!! all of a sudden its gone at hour 97!!!

call me cwayzee but stranger things happen!

in regards to 255 Roberto, i think steam, pressure, and secret ingredients are to blame.

You may be right . What is interesting with 255M is the pattern of the humid area -- reducing slowly towards the center -- , I wonder how this will look like in 168hours ( 7 days ) .

Yeah , the GR I am not sure what happened with it . But the nice picture under the glass is telling something . I still have doubts , it could still be soft under the glass , but the mortar I have access to is definitely done . The slow process of cure is quite stunning , can't believe it took 10 times longer to cure when it should've take 6 hours .

Eurob

Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
once you reach full cure , you could drill out a core sample and see a profile view!!( the backside to the glass )

of course the heat and or water from cooling the bit would "taint" the deal!

Once I -- you guys could help me with it -- think the cure is done , I am sure we can put them to more tests -- submerging , core sampling , etc . Give me some ideas ..... and with mine we will continue testing them .

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
id say A second run of a different batch of grani? may rule out the "cant be so" factor?

!!!! more work for you

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
can't believe it took 10 times longer to cure when it should've take 6 hours .
Why do you guys not believe the TCNA? On average - 7-14 days or longer is their observation. I think that they're dealing with multiple tiles and a 'normal' grout line which would likely add to the timeline. My guess is that the glob around the outer edge in this test is acting like a big sponge to help wick some of the moisture out. A normal grout line would only have a very small space to allow moisture to escape, since it's not going through either the tile or the membrane behind. Put a significant point load in the middle of that tile, and it could get ugly before it is fully dried out. THe good thing is that modern porcelain tile is quite strong, but some is also quite thin.

Eurob

Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
Why do you guys not believe the TCNA? On average - 7-14 days or longer is their observation. I think that they're dealing with multiple tiles and a 'normal' grout line which would likely add to the timeline. My guess is that the glob around the outer edge in this test is acting like a big sponge to help wick some of the moisture out. A normal grout line would only have a very small space to allow moisture to escape, since it's not going through either the tile or the membrane behind. Put a significant point load in the middle of that tile, and it could get ugly before it is fully dried out. THe good thing is that modern porcelain tile is quite strong, but some is also quite thin.

We are talking about GraniRapid , not a regular modified . Please stop pointing to TCNA , we do not need general consensus . Read the data sheet of the GraniRapid before you interfere again .

Eurob

Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
id say A second run of a different batch of grani? may rule out the "cant be so" factor?

!!!! more work for you

I wouldn't mind it !!!! I think I should buy a new kit of GR and mix the old liquid with the new powder and vice versa and see which is the culprit . More glass to buy ....I think the glass industry will love me more now !!!!;)

When I get my testing factory in a '' better shape '' , I will run plenty of tests . :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks