YP.COM Scam Yellowpages.com Scam, Don't sign up with this company!

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Terry, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    YP.com SCAM works like this. They sign you up and then forget who you are, and if you are even a customer. If you ever want to quit being billed by them, they won't take your phone call. When I have reached a live person, they have no idea who I am or what the very, very old account may be. However that doesn't stop them from billing me $177.00 a month.
    Yellowpages.com scam
    YP.com scam

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    IN small letters they say they are NOT "the Yellow Pages", nor are they affiliated with the phone company,

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. mliu

mliu Active Member

How are they billing you? If by credit card, send them a letter or email demanding that they terminate your service. Keep a copy of the letter/email for your records. Then call your credit card company and dispute the charge, telling them that you cancelled your service. The credit card company will investigate and side with you. They may ask for a copy of your termination letter.