Wye from cleanout

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by hanz, Jul 2, 2020.

1. hanz

hanz New Member

My cleanout pipe (in my back yard) is shown in the picture below (popper cleanout and reliefe valve). It has a 5 inch diameter. I am installing a washing machine right where the cleanout is at. I want to connect a wye to the cleanout and use the sloped branch to drain my washing machine.
    Any technical issues warnings ...etc

Attached Files:

2. Jeff H Young

Jeff H Young In the Trades

Yes you can run your wash machine there gotta follow code . Had to google and look at the popper valve never heard of it? didnt know such thing would be legal or know if it is legal. theoreticaly if sewer backs up raw sewage goes on ground .

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement