Widespread Faucet Leak at TEE

Users who are viewing this thread

Merry Widow

Reaction score
Have a Kohler Devonshire faucet that needed 2 new supply lines. I also replaced the TEE that connects to the faucet stem. When I placed the new TEE on, I did not tighten it enough. I was afraid that I would compress the washer too much. When I turn on the faucets, I see no leaks. But, when I touch the Tee, I can tell it is leaking ever so slightly. Is there a way to tighten the tee after the supply lines are on? I have heard that the supply line compression fittings cannot be removed and then reattached.
I have attached a picture of the sink TEE. Thanks

Kohler TEE.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you just installed the supply line, yes you can remove and replace. I don't suggest doing that if they've been installed for a while.
They do take a set over time.

Or maybe just twist a bit to snug up the tee without removing the supplies. You might have room to do that.

Merry Widow

Reaction score
Thank you Terry. No room to turn the TEE but I will give removing and reattaching the supply lines a try. Love this forum.!!

Merry Widow

Reaction score
Thank you Terry. No room to turn the TEE but I will give removing and reattaching the supply lines a try. Love this forum.!!
Success>>>>Removed supply lines; tightened the TEE and then reattached the lines. No drips at all. Saved a $200 service call. Thank you again, Terry.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks