"Whisper flush" toilet - HELP!

Users who are viewing this thread

bwurgler

Reaction score
We have two "whisper flush" toilets in our house...per the tank lids they hail from 1961. They apparently get their name from the fact that when you flush them...they make virtually no "flushing" noise. I have no clue who the manufacturer is - one of them has been retrofitted at some point in time with a modern valve (we've lived in the house for 10 years), but the other has a problem. It's in a half bath with all pale blue fixtures...and the valve mechanism is on its last leg. I'd like to replace it and keep the toilet...and avoid having to completely remodel the bathroom...which would happen if I replace the toilet (which is what the wife wants to do) - but hey, I'm a guy...and why replace the entire toilet when all you need is a new valve in the tank?! So...is anyone familiar with these toilets? If so, where can I get the parts to redo the valve/filler? Thanks for any and all ideas!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Kohler is one brand that comes to mind, but certainly not the only one. If it is kohler, there should be a model # starting with the letter K, embossed or inked on the inside of the tank.

A picture of the insides will help. For Kohler especially, parts are difficult to find and outrageously expensive. They have used many unique parts over the years.

Now, the fact that you say one of them has had new parts......well, could be something like a Kohler Rialto or San Raphael, and a Coast 1B1X ballcock kit can work in these. It only costs twice what a Fluidmaster 400A costs, so not too bad. A picture of each of your toilet (inside tank) would help.

kohler-84499-1b1x-pic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks