Where is the Toto Nexus water level marking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mogmatt

Reaction score
Just installed the Toto Nexus Washlet+ CST642CEFGAT40 and was trying to follow the instructions for adjusting the water level in the tank. In the installation manual, it says "Refer to the water level line stamp inside the tank'. Looking inside the tank, I could see no marking except a small black marking on the right side of the tank; however this seems kinda high.

Any thoughts ?
1644361100523.png

1644361127642.png

1644361082834.png

Reach4

Reaction score
I would think 3/4 inch below the overflow top, but a little higher is OK if it does not cycle on its own.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
BTW, that ballcock is fine when it works.
Don't bother trying to ever fix it. Pure plastic junk.
If one ever needed an argument as to how Toto has sunk in the quality arena, start with those ballcoks.
And some of their WCs MaP flusing scores are low on a few models, like Ultramax one piece.
Mogmatt, how do you find the anchor system on your new WC? Is it nicely secure?

Mogmatt

Reaction score
BTW, that ballcock is fine when it works.
Don't bother trying to ever fix it. Pure plastic junk.
If one ever needed an argument as to how Toto has sunk in the quality arena, start with those ballcoks.
And some of their WCs MaP flusing scores are low on a few models, like Ultramax one piece.
Mogmatt, how do you find the anchor system on your new WC? Is it nicely secure?
If there is one thing to gripe about the Nexus it's the anchor system. My install was on top of porcelain tiles. The two plastic pieces on either side of the toilet do not hold the toilet securely in place. After using their supplied nails to manually screw the toilet onto the plastic anchors, I still found the toilet to easily shift on the porcelain flooring. I tightened the screws to the point where I could hear friction on the vitreous china of the toilet and was apprehensive to going any tighter in case of cracking. I had to use toilet shims to keep it from rocking as the floor is not quite even. Furthermore I used caulking in attempt to keep it in place. Before people ask, yes the unifit flange is well secured to the floor with the wax ring in-situ.

Reading through the forums there are mixed reviews to the anchoring system where some users reported no issues. However my own personal experience differs.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com

Some of the testing of the popular toilets that I have been selling for decades was done decades ago, with testing that included paste, not plastic wraps. The numbers shot up dramatically when they switched to testing with plastic wraps. What I have been selling for years and years has always been good, but the way they test them has changed.
Any TOTO Ultramax is going to be excellent. Much better than an American Standard, which I tend to toss every so often.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I had to use toilet shims to keep it from rocking as the floor is not quite even. Furthermore I used caulking in attempt to keep it in place. Before people ask, yes the unifit flange is well secured to the floor with the wax ring in-situ.
Anytime I install on tile, it's important to check for shimming. And of course clear polyseamseal caulking is always done.
Yes, the blocks take more time to install, and it's nice to have a rotohammer for tile. Sometimes you just slow down and hit all the buttons until you are done with the job.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks