Ebony Toto Toilets do not come with CEFIONTECT Glaze - Am I in Trouble?

Users who are viewing this thread

PlumbNaive

Reaction score
Last night I purchased an ebony / black Toto Drake, model: CST776CEF#51 I purchased it from Amazon and the page says clear in the description that the toilet includes the cefiontect glaze. I was very happy with the purchase (which hasn't arrived yet) until I looked at the user manual this morning to check out installation instructions. The manual says that the model I bought does not actually have the cefiontect glaze. Argh!

I looked up another toilet model on the Toto website and in that model, all the colors came with the glaze -- EXCEPT the ebony. So, maybe none of the ebony toilets have the special glaze?

I've been frantically tryign to find comparisons to see if I should worry about this. I saw a poll/thread on this site that asked people their opinions of cefiontect glaze, but I didn't see anyone who had a comparison reply. I'm wondering about people's experience with Toto drake toilets who did not get the special glaze. It looks like now-a-days, they all come with the glaze except the black ones, but maybe older models did not come with the special glaze? Does someone have any experience with both versions for comparison? Should I panic and see if I can return the toilet?

Thanks for any information or advice you can give!

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I have owned both with and without the special finish. frankly, with city water, if you flush after every use and clean normally once a week, things will be fine.
Leaving pee in a bowl to save water will, even with special finishes, typically precipitate uric mineral accumulation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks