what next?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lou101

Reaction score
I have a 3 month old American Standard Cadet toilet. The tank suddenly takes several hours to fill with water. I suspect it is related to something I noticed in all the sinks in the house this week.....tiny little grains of sand.
I took off the hose which runs from the shutoff to the toilet. maybe a quarter teaspoon of sand came out of there. I pulled the cap off the top of the ballcock hoping to find some type of filter I could clean but there were just non-removable parts. i poured water down hoping to rinse it but no sand came out. i tried to get the entire assembly off the post but no luck.

What else can i try?

Donn2390

Reaction score
If you have sand in all of your faucets, and it has caused some problems, I would be calling the local water company. There were repairing a water line someplace close and you're paying for it.
If you have a well, Oh Well...!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sand

If the grains of sand are golden and feel like ball bearings you have a bad water softener and should place it in the "bypass" configuration before things get worse.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks