What is a unicheck??

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by rhliberman, May 13, 2008.

  1. rhliberman

    rhliberman New Member

    Oct 6, 2005
    I'm replacing an old sump pump and the instructions say "When a Unicheck is installed, drill a 1/16" hole in the discharge pipe even with the top of the pump".

    What exactly is a Unicheck and when would I need one? I'm installing a check valve, but is this something different?

    Last edited: May 13, 2008
  2. Gary Slusser

    Gary Slusser That's all folks!

    Aug 31, 2004
    Wherever I park the motorhome.
    My guess is it's a funny name for a (one way-Uni) check valve. Kids! they just have to change things...
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. rhliberman

    rhliberman New Member

    Oct 6, 2005

    Makes sense - even to me!
  5. Seattle

    Seattle New Member

    May 4, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    This is an old thread but I just had the same question so am updating this post here with what I found out.

    The original poster in 2008 must have been installing a Zoeller pump. Zoeller uses the term unicheck for their check valves that perform as both a union and check valve. If you're using a 1-1/2" discharge, their part number 30-0164 is an example of a Zoeller unicheck valve.

Share This Page