What do You Sink?

Users who are viewing this thread

tibby

Reaction score
I have found that most plumbers -At least the ones I've spoke to - ware trying to steal my eyes around here, or they just not show up at all.

So I have made some plans, but Since I am not a plumber I have no idea what would pass the code.
This is for a commercial kitchen and the project is at the "Planning" stage.
I would like to know what will pass?

A) Is it allowed to drain the 3 Compartment sink on one PVC pipe to a Mop Sink on the floor?
Can the Hand sink connect to the existing pipes, or it will need to ran separated from the 3 compartment?
Can the Hand sink drained openly to the mop sink on the floor?

B)Is it allowed to drain the hand sink into the Floor mop sink?

C) If there are many pipes running, should a floor sink been used, with a free standing Mop sink?
Can a mop sink be used to wash hands and I might can cross of the Hand sink?

Sinks.jpg

If I could get any help please I would greatly appreciate it.
In general How high the outlet of the pipe should be from the floor/mop sink?
Thank you!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Your local building department should have a cut sheet for what they expect in a restaurant.
Most of the time, I would expect the hand wash sink to have it's own plumbing and p-trap.
The three compartment daylighting into an open floor sink, sometimes raised a little higher than the floor, depending on your inspector.
Some places will require a grease trap, and you will want to know exactly what size beforehand if they do.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks