What Color Is My Toilet? Wild Rose

Users who are viewing this thread

Whoodle

Reaction score
No, not the latest B2B self-help book. I have a Kohler Wellington and the plastic piece that connects the bolt-holes to the seat itself broke on one side. I'll remove/clean/glue/clamp this piece & see if that holds, otherwise I'll be back for advice on if/how I can replace that piece down the road a ways (hopefully).
But I swear to god, I cannot identify the color of my toilet, seat and/or pedestal sink, and it's driving me crazy!

And I'm a good web-searcher; I've hit every version of the Kohler Color Timeline, the Bemis color charts, Guillen's, etc. Then I found a photo of my exact toilet on an online plumbing-part site, and asked them what it was. They said it was an old Kohler stock-photo (attached to this post!), they didn't know what it was...and THEY contacted Kohler Cust. Service, and THEY didn't know.

We LOVE this retro-modern bathroom suite; it's in perfect shape, the color is ideal...I'd like to keep it running for many more years. So I will be sincerely appreciative if anyone here can give me the name and/or code for the color!! And if it helps, here is the mfg info that's stamped into the lid (formatted like the stamping):
W11
K 455 9
N9
408 8 8
Here's the toilet apic & the broken part of the seat. On my Surface, the color in the photo precisely matches what I have. THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN THROW MY WAY!
kohler-toilet-wellington-k3415.jpg

upload_2019-5-1_19-1-0.png

Whoodle

Reaction score
Thanks. i saw those samples, but none seem to have as much 'orange' or 'rust' as i see in my toilet and/or the photos I attached
Roussillon Red seems the closest, but looks to dark. Ditto with Sequoia. Terra Nueva seems too brown/not enough red or orange.

What is the mfg date...1988?

Peterson

Reaction score
kohler-toilet-wellington-k3415.jpg

This color is called Wild Rose. It's a dirty Pink/Brown/Mauve color that was very popular in the 80's into the mid 90's.

Whoodle

Reaction score
Thank you! Looks like Kohler still makes an elongated seat in that color, the K-4652-45 . Am I safe assuming that it the color itself hasn't changed over the years...that this new 'Wild Rose" will match what I have pretty well? It looks pretty darn 'rose' colored on their website...I'll try to get a sample from a dealer to compare with.

Of course, it's $205 (YIKES!), and I'm pretty sure that doesn't even have 'soft-closing' feature. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers...but they can be GLUERS, so I' think I'll still try that route, first. It's a powder room, not a 'daily driver', so to speak, so I can see if/how long the glue holds up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks