What causes a metering faucet to fail.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by James Henry, Sep 12, 2019 at 4:40 PM.

1. James Henry

James Henry In the Trades

Plumber
    A metering faucet fails when you push the button and the water flows but never turns off. I've tried to rebuild dozens of them and no matter what I do I always end up having to buy a new cartridge. If anyone knows the secret to refurbish the cartridge it would save me time and the customer money.

Attached Files:

2. plumber69

plumber69 In the Trades

Clean water, filter should help.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida Black Belly Whistling Ducks

Retired
  5. James Henry

Plumber
  6. James Henry

Plumber
    I just had an idea. I'm going to stretch the spring out and see if that works.