Wet vent into utility/laundry sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Joshua5438

Reaction score
I know I cannot run the drain from a utility/laundry sink into the drain/vent for my bathroom sink but can I do the reverse? Run my bathroom sink drain into the drain/vent of my utility/laundry sink? Reason for asking... My shop will be on a small septic tank. My bathroom sink does not have a dedicated drain so I plan to wet vent it. It's between a toilet and a utility sink that will be outside of the bathroom. If it wet vents into the toilet it will obviously go to the septic. If I can wet vent it to the utility sink then I can run it out as gray water.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
yea I suppose but you've got a vent for your water closet right? septic is for toilet only? will it have sufficient water?

Joshua5438

Reaction score
yea I suppose but you've got a vent for your water closet right? septic is for toilet only? will it have sufficient water?

I do have a vent for the toilet. I plan to only run the toilet to the septic. I will have a shower, toilet, sink and then the utility sink. Do you see an issue with only the toilet being on the septic?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Human waste (toilet, dishwasher) goes to septic. Everything else is greywater.

Check with your locality what the expectations are for greywater. You should be able to dump it on the ground. But some places have rules about it.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I do have a vent for the toilet. I plan to only run the toilet to the septic. I will have a shower, toilet, sink and then the utility sink. Do you see an issue with only the toilet being on the septic?
No I don't know a problem with it , just a question as to whether septic function would be any different with a reduced amount of water. I've never plumbed grey , and it used to not even be legal .
the venting sounds good

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks