Well recovery problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Rich po

Reaction score
I recently purchased a house in northern Mn, the well does not recover very fast. A few loads of clothes and it runs out. Contacted the well service that installed the well in 2008, they said they would not refrack it because there was soft bedrock and they got the machine stuff originally.
The well is 325ft deep 6 inch casing, water is great crystal clear and not odor or sediment. I dont want the expense of a new well (25k) being that I just purchased the home and have spent a good bit remodeling.
My question is, can I do some sort of tank for the washing machine to store 150 gallons or so, that could be made to fill at night or during the time when we are at work? Or is this outlandish? Or any idea how to improve recovery?

Reach4

Reaction score
If you can lower the pump 10 ft without sucking junk, that gives another 14.7 gallons of storage.

You can definitely put in a 150 gallon or or more tank, and use a pressure pump to send water to the washing machine. Hardly outlandish.

Many newer washing machines have a delayed start setting. Then take the second load out in the morning. Also, newer machines usually use less water than the older machines that have agitators. Mine only fills the tub if I select the bedding setting. https://www.homeselfe.com/a-guide-to-energy-star-compliant-washing-machines/

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Even just 1 GPM is 1440 gallons per day, which will supply about 5 houses. You just need to store some water to use as needed. I would use a little larger than 150 gallon tank, but any size will help.

LOW YIELD WELL_ CENTRIFUGAL_PK1A.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks